Search This Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Fully Packed, Fun day With Tristen!

The title says it all! Yesterday (Wednesday), I woke up at 6:30 am, left the house at 8:00 am, and was gone for the whole day. I didn't get back until after 11:00 pm

It was quite fun actually. The first thingI did was go with Tristen and his dad for a nice drive to there cabin because his dad had to meet with and talk to the contractors that will be fixing up the cabin. It was roughly an hour and a half there and back. When I first got in the car, Tristen's dad, Dave made a funny comment about Tristen's music which he had playing, "welcome Greg, I hate to break it to you, but it looks like we are going to be force-fed Tristen's music for the duration of the trip", and when he mentioned how he was spefiically talking about how a lot of it seems to be the same 4 or 5 bands who all sound the same my imidiate reaction was "I KNOW!", which caused Dave and tristen to laugh... but MOSTLY Dave haha!

Luckily for the majority of it, Dave picked the music! haha!

Another one of the first thing's Tristen's dad mentioned to me when I first got into the car was quite interesting as well. There was a lot of room in the back because it was a pretty big, family vehicle, and it was just me in the back with lots of room back there, while Tristen and his dad were in the front, so Dave said "Oh and Greg, I was just talking to Tristen about how there is so much room back there, and since we only have you in the back and there is lots of room... you see, when we have lots of room like that, we like to pick up possibly sketchy-looking hitch hikers", he had a big smirk on his face and added "Especially dirty ones!" It was pretty funny! Actually hilarious!

Anyway there were a lot of jokes and LOTS of laughter as there always is when the 3 of us are together. We stopped for coffee/tea and whatnot at around 9 or so, and then continued.

By the way, there are lots of jokes made about Tristen's hair by everyone, and this trip was no exception so we had already made a few at this point... Tristen has a real, classic geek/nerd look to him LOL. His hair is a big part of that! He what I like to call a "nerd fro", it's basically a poofy mass of big, golden curls, with the sun bouncing off of it. Actually, he kind kid of reminds me A LOT of Screech from saved by the bell... He looks almost exactly like a blonde-haired Screech. The hair is actually the EXACT SAME only blonde.


Anyway, the reason I am saying this is because before we got to the first stop Dave was making jokes about his hair, and while we were at the stop, after we had everything, myself and tristen were waiting outside while Dave was on the phone. While we were waiting, a woman came up and asked Tristen "Is your hair nautural?", I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing. She went on to say how it was rare to have natural hair like that etc... When she left, we both burst out laughing!

We told his dad as soon as he was done, and he had the same reaction, adding more comments and jokes. Overall the whole trip was a laugh riot!

After we got there and Tristen's dad did what he had to do, we headed back, getting lunch on the way, and got back at their house shortly after 2:00. Right when we got back, Tristen and I walked to my house, so i could get my clipboard and a few pencils, and walked around for a good bit, just having fun outside.

Eventually we went back to Tristen's house and he invited over a couple of friends he met in Quebec when he was up there (recently) for a program where a bunch of teenagers from Newfoundland (between certain ages)  went up there for a "learning experience", so he met quite a few people up there.

As I said, two of the people he met there, came over to his house, and it was quite nice meeting them. They are Twins named Sam and Heather. For those of you wondering, they must be feternal because yes, they were quite easy to tell apart, and not once did I get one mixed up with her sister!

So I met them, and the four of us hung out, went on the trampoline for a bit, etc... Basically we spent the rest of the night with them, and briefly watching his little brother and sister.

One little thing that I found particularly funny was that along with the comments and compliments from the twins that I am used to getting on my drawings when they found the clipboard wherever it was laid, I also got a really NEW one from hunter, Tristen's 7 year old brother...

When he found it, he picked it up, and looked at the doodle page that was at the front. (below)

Then he looked up and asked "did Bugs Bunny draw these?" Needless to say, it was pretty funny!

there you have it... Yesterday was a long day, and it was really fun, but it tired me out quite a bit. So when i got home at 11:00 pm, after I talked to my parents for a bit, I went right to bed and got a well-needed, good sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment